Every year in the Fall just in time for the unofficial kickoff day to the holiday season, HVC, now for the tenth year in a row, releases their Black Friday limited edition. The cigar has been presented in different vitolas each year. This year, the cigar sees its thickest size yet, a 4 1/2 x 56 petite gordo.
Previous versions of the HVC Black Friday are as follows:
- Black Friday 2015 (6 1/2 x 48)
- Black Friday 2016 (6 3/4 x 48)
- Black Friday 2017 (4 x 48)
- Black Friday 2018 (5 x 50)
- Black Friday 2019 (4 1/2 x 52)
- Black Friday Firecracker (3 1/2 x 50)
- Black Friday 2020 (5 5/8 x 46)
- Black Friday 2021 (4 3/8 x 54)
- Black Friday 2022 (5 1/2 x 50)
- Black Friday 2023 (4 1/2 x 56)
“This year we went heavier on the Jalapa region to create a unique blend with only visos and secos exclusively select for the 2023 Black Friday.” says HVC owner Reinier Lorenzo.
- Wrapper: San Andres Maduro Mexico
- Binder: Nicaragua
- Filler: Nicaragua
- MSRP: $9.80 ea. / retail price $4.95
- Box: 50 count
According to HVC in a press release, the cigar delivers unique flavors with fantastic aroma giving you a clean finish on the palate. Covered with San Andres maduro wrapper from Mexico, we called them Petit Gordos 4 ½ x 56. Only 600 boxes of 50 count each were produced this year.
The cigar was made at Fabrica de Tabacos HVC, SA in Esteli, Nicaragua. The HVC Black Friday will start shipping end of October/beginning of November.